Small Business Week is coming up on Sunday, May 3rd through Saturday, May 9th!
When you’re already working around the clock to get your local businesses the support they need, what else can you do or encourage your communities to do to support small businesses?
Here are some ways you can support them with their immediate challenges during COVID:
- Help those businesses who are not yet online to begin selling online. Provide them with outside tools, resources, webinars, or phone calls to help them navigate transitioning their business online.
- Help businesses not able to get online to begin planning for the future. How can they best use this time to prepare for doors to open again?
- Connect businesses with the resources they need – such as financial resources or capacity-building resources.
- Help businesses identify some additional cash flow management in order to prepare for their needs once businesses open again.
You can also support them on social media and put them in the spotlight. You could…
- Highlight a different business every day on social media.
- Interview businesses and share one daily on a podcast (if you have one) or upload a video to youtube and share it on social media, in your newsletter, and on your website.
- Collaborate with a local newspaper to profile businesses in the community, such as those who have been able to pivot or those who haven’t been profiled yet.
- Highlight small businesses that have unique partnerships and collaborations with other organizations and institutions.
In addition, what are some simple ways that you or your community can support them (requiring minimal time and for free)?
Here is a great infographic created by our clients at Visit Orange Virginia with simple ideas to show your love for small businesses on social media:
Public support on social media is ALWAYS welcomed by businesses. Not only does it make an impact for potential customers or viewers – it shows the businesses directly that you care.
Above all, find ways to let small businesses know that they are valued and that you are there for them. This makes a bigger difference than you may realize!
Here at PPR Strategies, we’ll be highlighting some ways our staff is celebrating and supporting small businesses throughout the entire month of May. We’ll kick off during Small Business Week! Follow us on Facebook here to see how we celebrate small businesses. 🙂
How else can we all support small businesses during this time? Leave a comment with your thoughts down below!
‘Til next time,
P.S. May 3 through May 9 is also National Travel and Tourism Week! Watch your inbox later this week for our tips and suggestions to support the tourism industry, travel, and your community!