Happy holidays from PPR Strategies! We hope that you are taking some much-needed time off during the holidays. Here at PPR Strategies, our offices will be closed from December 24th through January 1st.
It’s hard to believe that the year – and decade – is coming to a close!
As the new decade approaches, this is an excellent opportunity to celebrate your successes and hard work over the past ten years, and set goals for what you’d like to accomplish and how you’d like to shake things up in the years ahead.
Here are some questions to lead you through a powerful self-assessment exercise.
You can ponder the answers as you read them through, or take out a sheet of paper and braindump your answers.
- What are some of your biggest highlights (personal or professional) from the past decade?
- What are you most proud of accomplishing over the past decade?
- What challenges or hardships did you overcome?
- What are some of the biggest surprises or miracles that occurred? (You might have to look for them, but I bet you can find some there!)
Next, assess with a more constructive eye.
- Are there any goals that you did not achieve that are still important to you? (Or, can you scratch them off your list and let them go?)
- Looking back, are there any patterns or habits that you’d like to change in the coming decade?
- Is there any message you wish you could tell yourself ten years ago? (Maybe it’s applicable now, too!)
Now, start thinking about what you want to start in the next decade!
- Dreaming big, what are 3 big out-of-this-world wishes that you have for the coming decade?
- Getting smaller and more specific, what 3 priorities are you are committed to in the coming decade?
- What habits, routines, or lifestyle changes would you like to adopt in the coming year?
- In ten years, what would you be most proud of yourself for?
I’d love to hear any insights you’ve gained from this exercise. Leave a comment down below and let me know!
Here’s to the new year… and new decade!
‘Til next time,