PPR Strategies is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and hard-working individual for the position of Marketing Intern. If you’re a strong writer who wants to build a career in marketing, content writing and PR, this is the opportunity for you!
We’re seeking a hard-working individual with excellent writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to stay organized and multitask. The successful candidate has an in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques, content writing, and social media platforms.
All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited US college or university for the semester they are applying.
- writing marketing content for various clients to be used on the web, social media, print ads, radio ads, etc.
- contributing to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content
- designing and presenting new social media campaign ideas
- distributing the content to the appropriate recipient (such as the media, the client, etc.)
- monitoring and tracking communications between the clients and various media outlets such as newspapers, radio broadcasts, and television stations
- working collaboratively with clients, colleagues, and fellow team members to execute communications plans
- informing the media of any newsworthy events on behalf of clients.
- strong writing and editing skills
- a streak of perfectionism when it comes to editing/proofreading
- preferred but not required: skilled in AP Style
- understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- excellent oral and written communication skills (You’re comfortable talking to strangers, building relationships, and making cold calls.)
- self-motivated and self-aware, asking for help when needed
You are skilled in the following programs:
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- WordPress or similar CMS
- We welcome both experienced candidates as well as active learners who are passionate about working hard and growing.
Work Schedule / Location / Compensation:
- Monday – Friday: flexible around your class schedule
- This internship is offered as an in-person, virtual, or hybrid experience. Our office is located in Frederick, MD.
- This is a paid internship.
Email Sophie@PPRStrategies.com – be sure to include when you’d like to start in the subject line – “Intern Application: [Fall, Spring or Summer] Semester”
PPR Strategies is a boutique marketing and PR agency started in 2002 by CEO Sandy Dubay. PPR Strategies serves Economic Development and Tourism Agencies across the mid-Atlantic region with their Marketing and Communications initiatives. In an intimate office setting, you’ll have the opportunity to work as an integral part of a small, passionate, creative team, and closely with our clients and colleagues.