Is your email marketing system currently working for you? (Hint: If you don’t know the answer, it could probably be taken to the next level!)
A great place to start with email automation is to create a value-packed lead magnet.
Lead magnets are high-value free content, like a White Paper (PDF), video training, or resource guide that can only be accessed in exchange for a prospect’s email address.
For example, Here are a few of the lead magnets you can find on PPR Strategies’s resource page.
Here are a few guidelines for creating high-value lead magnets:
- Customize the content to your audience’s needs. The free gift needs to give your audience value that’s specific to them. Know what their challenges and goals are, and create a resource that helps them solve their challenge or get closer to their goals.
- Create a clear and compelling title. In just a few words, you’ll need to “sell” the value of your free gift. Create a title that clearly demonstrates what the gift is and the problem it’s going to solve.
- Upload the lead magnet to an opt-in page and create an email autoresponder. Your opt-in page is the place to direct potential prospects to. It should have short and concise language that shares the value of downloading the gift, in exchange for giving their email address.
- Create a follow-up strategy. Once your prospect has opted in, make sure that you have a follow-up automation set up to remind them to download the resource and to continue to build the relationship with them. You can send an email that introduces your organization, asks for feedback on the resource, offers a specific service, or gives them an opportunity for a free short consultation call to learn more.
- Once you’ve designed your lead magnet and created the email automation for it, you can share it widely on your social media networks, as a QR code at networking events, as a gift to audience members after leading a workshop, and the list goes on.
In the “old days” of Internet marketing, separate platforms were required for many of these steps, so there was a lot of additional integration work needed on the back-end to make everything flow. And, you had to pay for multiple types of systems.
These days, many current email automation systems, like SharpSpring, include opt-in pages as part of their interface. They also host PDFs and resources, so you don’t need to store the free gift on a site like WordPress. This makes the entire process smoother, easier, with less bumps or errors along the way.
What we love about SharpSpring is that we can do all of these steps within the one system, and you can invest in an all-in-one service that holds it all together.
As an industry partner with SharpSpring, we can bring clients aboard to their platform at a discounted rate, and get you started with our team of knowledgeable professionals who are familiar with the technology.
Ready to learn more? Set up a free 15-minute consultation with us here.
Reimagining Places With You,
Sandy and the PPR Strategies Team